Bury Me Standing

Registered by wingechodewing of Seattle, Washington USA on 12/27/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingechodewing from Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, December 27, 2020
received from volunteering at "Friends of [redacted] Public Library"

Journal Entry 2 by wingechodewing at Seattle, Washington USA on Friday, February 19, 2021
“Bury me standing. I've been on my knees all my life.” ~Manush Romanov

I came for the title; I stayed for the story.
Fonseca is not a journalist, which makes this book read more like a well-researched travel memoir than anything approaching objectivity. But I liked her quiet outrage, and the calling out of the age-old hypocrisy committed by the status quo the world over.
The nomadic, bohemian portrayal of the Roma has always appealed to me, but I'm horrified to learn that what I was drawn to was a livelihood of involuntary rootlessness & systemic racial poverty, born out of slavery! Very eye-opening, to say the least...

Journal Entry 3 by wingechodewing at by mail, A swap -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (2/23/2021 UTC) at by mail, A swap -- Controlled Releases

On its way to dicentragirl as a trade. Thx for offering up ur books ✌

Journal Entry 4 by dicentragirl at Leavenworth, Washington USA on Friday, February 26, 2021
Received in trade. Not only does this look really interesting, it counts for a country in my "around the world" challenge. :) Thanks!