Life Undercover

by Amaryllis Fox | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by wingechodewing of Seattle, Washington USA on 12/27/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingechodewing from Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, December 27, 2020
Found on the 2nd floor bookshelf of the reading nook for Publixians, in Chinatown. (This is a paperback ARC w/ a different cover)

Journal Entry 2 by wingechodewing at Seattle, Washington USA on Tuesday, April 27, 2021
I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. There are a few operatives in the CIA community who don't quite buy what she's selling, but...aren't there always? If she did take liberties, then she can add "top notch writer" to her seemingly unending roster of talents. (See also: she lied for a living & for her country)
Hopefully the idealistic peacemaking efforts did not end when she understandably resigned.
My favorite parts were the hiding of contraband journalism in her punani (on the suggestion of Aung San Suu Kyi, no less), her pragmatic marriage to essentially a stranger, and the view of past vs. future on the Bund (an observation I'd completely missed on my visit).

Journal Entry 3 by wingechodewing at Ms. Tanya's Bookshelf in Seattle, Washington USA on Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Released 1 wk ago (5/5/2021 UTC) at Ms. Tanya's Bookshelf in Seattle, Washington USA

Hello dear reader,
Please leave a note on this traveling book (you can even do it anonymously)! Then read & release, if you so choose. Take a look around the Bookcrossing community; I hope you enjoy the book, and your time here!