Inherit the Shoes

by E.J. Copperman | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 12/26/2020
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, December 26, 2020
Book #1 in the Jersey Girl Legal Mystery Series:

Lawyer Sandy Moss gets mixed up in a celebrity murder case in LA, in the first in a brand-new cosy legal mystery series.

New Jersey prosecutor Sandy Moss is tired of petty criminals, and a new job at a glitzy Los Angeles law firm seems the perfect career move. Putting 3,000 miles between her and her ex-boyfriend is just an added bonus.

But on Sandy's first morning as a family attorney, she inadvertently kills her new career stone dead when she offends her boss during a meeting with the firm's top celebrity client, charismatic TV star Patrick McNabb. But that's not as dead as Patrick's soon-to-be ex-wife, Patsy, is that evening, when she's discovered shot by an arrow, her husband standing over her.

Did Patrick really kill his wife in a dispute over a pair of shoes? All signs point to yes. But Patrick is determined to clear his name, using all the legal skills he's learned from playing a lawyer on TV, and to Sandy's deep dismay, she's the only person he'll allow to help . . .

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, December 31, 2020
My Review: I really loved this book. I am a huge fan of the Haunted Guesthouse series, so I wasn't sure how this book would compare. I loved the main character, Sandy Moss. She is funny, flawed, quirky and someone you would want to have a beer with and talk about life. I am looking forward to seeing what happens next. (I am praying there is a sequel!) If Hollywood wants to make this series into a TV series, I would definately tune in.