Run, Hide, Repeat

by Pauline Dakin | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by wingkinediwing of Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on 12/25/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingkinediwing from Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Friday, December 25, 2020
Pauline Dakin spent her childhood on the run. Without warning, her mother twice uprooted her and her brother, moving thousands of miles away from family and friends. Disturbing events interrupt their outwardly normal life: break-ins, car thefts, even physical attacks on a family friend. Many years later, her mother finally revealed they'd been running from the Mafia and were receiving protection from a covert anti-organized crime task force.
But the truth was even more bizarre. Gradually, Dakin's fears give way to suspicion. She puts her journalistic training to work and discovers that the Mafia threat was actually an elaborate web of lies. As she revisits her past, Dakin uncovers the human capacity for betrayal and deception, and the power of love to forgive.
Run, Hide, Repeat is a memoir of a childhood steeped in unexplained fear and menace. Gripping and suspenseful, it moves from Dakin's uneasy acceptance of her family's dire situation to bewildered anger. As compelling and twisted as a thriller, Run Hide Repeat is an unforgettable portrait of a family under threat, and the resilience of family bonds.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Thursday, April 01, 2021
A remarkable and at times incredible story about Pauline and her family who were constantly on the run from organised crime throughout her childhood. That's of course only half the story and what emerges later on in life seems even more incredible.
I respect her immensely for telling her story which surely was very painful for many people involved.

Journal Entry 3 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Going into my " Foreign authors bookbox " round 4

Journal Entry 4 by wingkinediwing at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Released 3 wks ago (4/21/2021 UTC) at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Sending out on it's way with my " foreign authors bookbox "

Journal Entry 5 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 23, 2021
Taken from kinedi's foreign authors bookbox. I've challenged myself to read 12 non-fiction books this year so this will fit the bill nicely - plus I flicked it open & saw the mention of Halifax which is near me so that sealed the deal.

Edit: