Lab Girl

by Hope Jahren | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingSqNutZipswing of Silver Spring, Maryland USA on 12/16/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingSqNutZipswing from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Wednesday, December 16, 2020
Memoir of a modern scientist/paleobiologist.

My BC forum post "Books being read while Social distancing during the Corona Virus pandemic". I completed this book in April 2020.

A fellow BC'er asked my impression of this book, she had it on her TBR pile. see my entry of April 13, 2020 below.
This is a short and easy book to read. However, it's not what I expected, but then I wasn't sure what I was expecting? I enjoy Jahren's writing about having favorite trees in her life, about tree seeds and their fight for survival from pre-historic times to now. And about how she decided to become a scientist. The botany/paleobiology stuff is interesting and on a good level to understand.
My take away from this book is plant a tree 💜 love a tree. 😊 And of course being a scientist isn't easy, it's a calling.

Journal Entry 2 by wingSqNutZipswing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Released 3 mos ago (12/20/2020 UTC) at Silver Spring, Maryland USA

Being released for the BCinDC annual Holiday 1st line party game 2020. Since we are still in the middle of a raging CV19 pandemic we are having our Holiday meet-up on Zoom.

1st line of this book is
"There is nothing in this world more perfect than a slide rule".

To the person who finds this book.....
Keep it or release it, read it or not, but please make a journal entry to let me know it's been found. Keep it, pass it on to a friend or release it into the wild.... let the journey continue.....

If you are new to BookCrossing, welcome! You can remain anonymous or join BookCrossing, it's free, spam and advertisement free and loads of fun.

By joining BookCrossing you can keep track of where the book has been and where it's going.