Backlash

by Lynda La Plante | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Ythan of Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on 12/9/2020
Journal Entry 1 by Ythan from Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 09, 2020
Synopsis:

Two unsolved murders. Three confessions. One suspect.

But is the man in DCI Anna Travis's custody a serial killer...or just a compulsive liar?

It is late at night on a notorious council estate in east London when the police pull over a van. Inside, they discover the body of a young woman.

The driver confesses, not just to one murder - but to three.

Five years earlier, a 13-year-old girl disappeared in broad daylight on a busy London street. The unsolved case has haunted DCS James Langton ever since. But when the case is reopened, it falls to Anna to investigate and bring the killer to trial.

Meanwhile, the murder team is hard to work, verifying the details of the van driver's confessions and desperately trying to uncover the identity of his second and third victims.

And then he changes his story...

Journal Entry 2 by Ythan at Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, December 10, 2020
Mother swapped books with a friend but she wasn't interested in reading this one.

I've not read this author before and at this moment in time I'm not interested in reading this book.

Sending this out as a RABCK.

Journal Entry 3 by Ythan at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Friday, April 02, 2021

Released 2 wks ago (4/2/2021 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Off on its travels to Holland.

Journal Entry 4 by wingCamperfanwing at Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands on Thursday, April 08, 2021
And today in my mailbox. Thank you Ythan, for sending it to me. I'll let you know what I think of it.