The Lucky One

by Nicholas Sparks | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingbuttonbrightwing of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 3/1/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingbuttonbrightwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Monday, March 1, 2021
A U.S. Marine's brush with death leads him to the love of his life in this New York Times bestseller of destiny, luck, and the redemptive power of romance.
After U.S. Marine Logan Thibault finds a photograph of a smiling young woman buried in the dirt during his tour of duty in Iraq, he experiences a sudden streak of luck -- winning poker games and even surviving deadly combat. Only his best friend, Victor, seems to have an explanation for his good fortune: the photograph -- his lucky charm.

Back home in Colorado, Thibault can't seem to get the woman in the photograph out of his mind and he sets out on a journey across the country to find her. But Thibault is caught off guard by the strong attraction he feels for the woman he encounters in North Carolina - Elizabeth, a divorced mother -- and he keeps the story of the photo, and his luck, a secret. As he and Elizabeth embark upon a passionate love affair, his secret soon threatens to tear them apart -- destroying not only their love, but also their lives.

Filled with tender romance and terrific suspense, THE LUCKY ONE is an unforgettable story about the surprising paths our lives often take and the power of fate to guide us to true and everlasting love.

I found this book on the discount shelves of a local used book store.

Released 7 mos ago (3/6/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library - Clark Ave #50973 in Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Left @ Fairmont U.M. Church LFL#50973 on Clark Ave, Raleigh, NC. #BookCrossing https://www.bookcrossing.com/hunt/1/36/19695/97996