Unfinished Portrait

by Mary Westmacott | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingokarihwing of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 11/28/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingokarihwing from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, November 28, 2020
I really wanted to like this book because I love Agatha Christie but I found it difficult to warm to Celia. She didn't come across as a real-enough character. Dermot, on the other hand, was a very real, nasty character But then in the last 30 pages or so, the book suddenly transformed and it all became very intense and Celia seemed to come alive and become more real to me.
I loved the last 30 pages or so, it just seems strange to have a sudden transformation at the end. It seems as if the last section was added on much later on or rewritten later.

Journal Entry 2 by wingokarihwing at Acton Town Station in Acton, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, November 28, 2020

Released 3 mos ago (11/28/2020 UTC) at Acton Town Station in Acton, Greater London United Kingdom

Thank you for picking up this book! Please make a journal entry so that the book’s journey can be tracked (you can make a journal entry anonymously if you don't want to join). I hope that you enjoy the book and the Bookcrossing experience!

Left on the Book Swap shelf.