Assumed Engagement

by Kara Louise | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingRochester74wing of Gießen, Hessen Germany on 11/22/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingRochester74wing from Gießen, Hessen Germany on Sunday, November 22, 2020
Bought second hand.

"This story continues after Chapter 36 in Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice." On his return trip to Pemberley from Rosings after his offer of marriage was refused by Miss Elizabeth Bennet, Mr. Darcy's carriage overturns, and he is rendered unconscious. Having written Georgiana previously that he was going to ask for her hand, Georgiana, thinking they are engaged, writes to Elizabeth, begging her to come to Pemberley, thinking she may be able to help draw him out."

Journal Entry 2 by wingRochester74wing at Gießen, Hessen Germany on Sunday, November 22, 2020
A nice new version. I read it last week. To me it seems Elizabeths prejudices were not that strong.
I always like it when Georgiana gets a stong and active part and in this novel she teaches Darcy to be more sociable. But I am not quite sure if I leked this Darcy. At least I cannot remember much of him right now.

Journal Entry 3 by wingRochester74wing at Gießen, Hessen Germany on Sunday, January 17, 2021
Read it again. Yes, it is a nice misunderstanding that brings Elizabeth and Jane to Pemberley. They could have stayed there a bit longer with more misunderstanding situations between Darcy and Lizzy.
I think Darcys wish to change comes to quickly, but than I like how uncomfortable he is in company. I would not think that he changes that quickly. I belive that he will stay quite a bit unsocialble. He will not transform into a perfect prince and he will not always be nice.