The Last Thing She Told Me

by Linda Green | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Widget-1 of Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on 11/18/2020
Journal Entry 1 by Widget-1 from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 18, 2020
I found this book in the village phone box library.Due to Covid 19 restrictions I will register it with BookCrossing,read and release it back into the same place.

Journal Entry 2 by Widget-1 at Brampton, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, November 21, 2020
Wow! A real page turner.I started reading it with my early morning coffee and finished at 8 p.m..of course I did do other things during the day as well!!
From the back cover: 'Moments before she dies,Nichola's grandmother Betty whispers to her that there are babies at the bottom of the garden.
Nichola's mother claims she was talking nonsense.However,when Nichola's daughter finds a bone while playing in Betty's garden,it's clear that something sinister has taken place.
But will unearthing painful family secrets end up tearing Nichola's family apart?'

Journal Entry 3 by Widget-1 at Phone Box Library in Brampton, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (11/24/2020 UTC) at Phone Box Library in Brampton, Norfolk United Kingdom

To the finder: Please record your find on BookCrossing.com to say where you found this book,in case it has been moved. You can do this anonymously if you prefer.
When you have finished reading do come back and write a short journal on your thoughts about it.Then either release it back into the wild or give it to somebody you know to read (controlled release).
Before you send it on it's way don't forget to write a release note telling us where you left it, so that it's travels may continue to be tracked. If you love books and reading, why not consider joining Book Crossing..it's free,secure and fun! Thank you.

Journal Entry 4 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Sunday, November 29, 2020
Taken from Brampton phone box library and just out of quarantine. Thanks Widget-1. I shall look forward to fitting this into one of Plum-Crazy's monthly themes and then finding it a good new home.

Journal Entry 5 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Friday, January 15, 2021
REVIEW:-"I read about 150 pages of this book before giving up with it. It begins with the death of a loved one followed by a very detailed account of her funeral. Then the discovery of the bones of two dead babies buried in a garden. It also covers rape, paedophilia and lots of family trauma. I was quite relieved to stop reading it and will try to find something lighter to pass my time away during this difficult time we are going through during the global pandemic."
I hope it eventually travels on to find another reader who does enjoy it.