White Nights

by Ann Cleeves | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingshawing of San Diego, California USA on 11/17/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingshawing from San Diego, California USA on Tuesday, November 17, 2020
From Tony/Patricia who put the book in my LFL Ken east

Journal Entry 2 by wingshawing at San Diego, California USA on Thursday, December 03, 2020
quite a different read for me, tnx Tony. Didn't see the ending coming.

the following review is from amazon:

Again, a little too slowly paced. While I enjoy stand alone fiction novels that employ multiple narrators or POV, I really believe a mystery series needs to be more streamlined. I think I'd like these books better if the story was told through only one or two POV, say Jimmy and Fran. There are far too many here and it bogs down the story. I really don't care for the character of Taylor and certainly didn't welcome the sections told from his POV this time around. Why in the second book and not the first? And now it seems he may be gone altogether (with any luck). And the parts told from the POV of the first murder victim's assistant were pointless. All they did was reveal the victim's identity to the reader before Jimmy or Taylor could find the answer. Absolutely no point at all. In fact, I'd like to try solving the mystery along with our protagonists while using the clues and information available to them. The scenes told from the assistant's POV added absolutely nothing to the story, as the information would have been divulged through Jimmy or Taylor eventually.

The secondary characters in "White Nights" were much more sympathetic than those featured in "Raven Black". And I do like the evolving relationship between Jimmy and Fran. Ann Cleeves really needs to focus the narrative through these two.

Journal Entry 3 by wingshawing at Little Free Library Kensington East in San Diego, California USA on Saturday, December 05, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (12/5/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library Kensington East in San Diego, California USA

released for the never judge challenge

Congratulations - You've found a free book !

Enjoy your book!

(If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me, sha, as your referring member - thanks!)