A Christmas Wish For The Land Girls

by Jenny Holmes | Women's Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingTanamowing of Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 11/11/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingTanamowing from Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 11, 2020
Winter, 1942. Brenda and Joyce are just two of the girls who have joined the Women's Land Army and are doing their bit for the war effort. But after months working on farms in the Yorkshire Dakes, they're looking for a fresh challenge.
However, moving to billets high up in the remote fells means fewer creature comforts - and new hardships. Brenda and Joyce are about to discover that they will need more than a stiff upper lip to get through the winter months ... and the drama they simply can't escape.
Despite the bitter cold, their fear for those away fighting and concern for family and friends, there is warmth to be found in faces old and new, and plans for a jolly Christmas are afoot.
But when a child evacuee goes missing in the snow and tragedy strikes close to home, can their dearest wish - that all their loved ones stay safe this Christmas - possibly come true.

Journal Entry 2 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 24, 2020
A tale that reminds us that things have been tough for this country before but we got through two world wars and I think we'll win the war on Covid-19 too if we pull together. There were ups and downs in this story but ultimately I found it quite uplifting.