House on Fire

by Bonnie Kistler | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 1501198688 Global Overview for this book
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 11/8/2020
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, November 08, 2020
Book Description: Divorce lawyer Leigh Huyett knows all too well that most second marriages are doomed to fail. Yet five years in, she and Pete Conley couldn’t be happier with their blended family.

But one rainy Friday night, on the way back from celebrating their anniversary, Peter and Leigh receive horrific news. Peter’s son Kip, a high school senior, has crashed his truck and been arrested for drunk driving. And Leigh’s fourteen-year-old daughter, Chrissy, was with him.

Twelve hours later, Chrissy is dead and Kip is charged with manslaughter.

Reeling with grief, Leigh nonetheless does her best to rally behind Peter and Kip. That is, until Kip changes his story and claims that he wasn’t driving after all—Chrissy was, and he swears there is a witness.

As they hurtle toward Kip’s trial date, husband and wife are torn between loyalty to their children and to each other, while the mystery of what really happened that night looms large.

I couldn't get into this story for some reason, so I am letting it go without reading it. I won this book on Goodreads.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Little Free Library - Noonday Creek Trailhead in Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (12/30/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library - Noonday Creek Trailhead in Woodstock, Georgia USA

Left this book in the Noonday Creek Trail Little Free Library. Enjoy the book!