A Sneaking Suspicion

by John Dickson | Religion & Spirituality | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 1922206849 Global Overview for this book
Registered by xtrdnry of Parkdale, Victoria Australia on 11/5/2020
Journal Entry 1 by xtrdnry from Parkdale, Victoria Australia on Thursday, November 05, 2020
John Dickson's engaging evangelistic book for young people discusses things that matter—things like life, death, relationships, sex, suffering, meaning and God—things that are important but which we don't often talk about.

The book is in three parts. In Part 1 John looks at some of the things that the world tells us about sex (Is sex more like a Porsche or a Datsun?), beauty (Have I got 'the look' or has it got me?) and morality (Whatever happened to right and wrong?). He shows how the world has got it wrong and that God's perspective is so much better. In Part 2 he deals with a number of stumbling blocks which sometimes prevent people from trusting God (Didn't science get rid of God? How can I trust the Bible? Where is God when it hurts? What about other religions? Won't God accept me if I'm good enough?)

In Part 3, John looks at the 'guts of it all'—life, death, God and forgiveness.

The book also contains a study guide to help readers to think more about and discuss the issues raised in the book.

Books that are clear, readable, suitable for young people and evangelistic are few and far between. A Sneaking Suspicion is a great one. Use it as a giveaway for the non-Christian newcomer, or take the whole group (Christians and non-Christians) through it. All will benefit from the clear presentation of the gospel and down-to-earth practical advice on the important issues of life.

Journal Entry 2 by xtrdnry at Two Doors Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Sunday, November 15, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (11/26/2020 UTC) at Two Doors Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!)

Journal Entry 3 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, December 01, 2020
Caught today.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmarmee463wing at Books For All in Balwyn North, Victoria Australia on Thursday, December 03, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (12/8/2020 UTC) at Books For All in Balwyn North, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book -
Please let me know it is in safe hands by journalling that you have caught it, you are under no obligation to read it and Bookcrossing is completely anonymous.