Dead at First Sight

by Peter James | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by 3vie of Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on 10/30/2020
Journal Entry 1 by 3vie from Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Friday, October 30, 2020

Purchased from charity shop for bookcrossing

Thanks for finding this book
Please write a journal entry letting me know that this book was caught and has found a safe home with you. (It's anonymous, and you don't have to join Bookcrossing to do it.) Then read this book or give it to a friend. Afterwards hopefully, you or your friend will release it again for someone else to find - just like you did.
If you are new to Bookcrossing and would like to join, please give 3vie as your referral member. Enjoy your book and when you have finished reading come back here and let us know when and where you will pass the book on to another reader. Write a review if you like, then release it and come back anytime to see what happened to it next.

Happy reading.

You don’t know me, but I thought I knew you . . .

A man waits at a London airport for Ingrid Ostermann, the love of his life, to arrive. Across the Atlantic, a retired NYPD cop waits in a bar in Florida’s Key West for his first date with the lady who is, without question, his soulmate. The two men are about to discover they’ve been scammed out of almost every penny they have in the world – and that neither women exist.

Meanwhile, a wealthy divorcée plunges, in suspicious circumstances, from an apartment block in Munich. In the same week, Detective Superintendent Roy Grace is called to investigate the suicide of a woman in Brighton, that is clearly not what it seems. As his investigations continue, a handsome Brighton motivational speaker comes forward. He’s discovered his identity is being used to scam eleven different women, online. The first he knew of it was a phone call from one of them, out of the blue, saying, ‘You don’t know me, but I thought I knew you’.

That woman is now dead.

Roy Grace realizes he is looking at the tip of an iceberg. A global empire built on clever, cruel internet scams and the murder of anyone who threatens to expose them.

Journal Entry 2 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Friday, November 20, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (11/20/2020 UTC) at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

This book has been requested through book swap.co.uk

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Little Paxton, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 25, 2020
Looks good