Hope is our only wing

Registered by wingNordpiratwing of Bromma, Stockholm Sweden on 10/21/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingNordpiratwing from Bromma, Stockholm Sweden on Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Rutendo Tavengerwei's unforgettable novel-spanning Zimbabwe and the United Kingdom-offers a beautiful and honest look at adolescence, friendship, and the capacity for courage.

For fifteen-year-old Shamiso, hope is nothing but a leap into darkness. Grief-stricken and confused after her father's mysterious death in a car crash, she's shipped off to boarding school. For Tanyaradzwa, a classmate whose life has been turned upside down by a cancer diagnosis, hope is the only reason to keep fighting.

As an unexpected friendship blossoms between them, Tanyaradzwa helps Shamiso confront her grief and fear of loss. In opening herself to someone with a potentially fatal illness, Shamiso knows that she might be opening herself to more pain. Yet Tanyaradzwa is the only one who gives her the strength to ask the burning question: What really happened to her father?

Journal Entry 2 by wingNordpiratwing at Bromma, Stockholm Sweden on Wednesday, October 21, 2020
I liked this book. Set in a country that in many ways is very different from the one I live in the book reminds me that people are very alike no matter the outer circumstances. Our grief and happiness, our thoughts and feelings, worries, friendship, struggles, family loyalties and family feuds. And our hope.

Journal Entry 3 by wingNordpiratwing at Folkskolegatan 9, bokbytarvrån i muren in Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden on Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (10/21/2020 UTC) at Folkskolegatan 9, bokbytarvrån i muren in Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden

Dear finder of this book;
Welcome to bookcrossing!
Please make a journal entry and let us know where you found this book. When you've read it, feel free to release it back into the wild again to help it continue its journey and find new readers.
Happy reading!