A Little History of Religion

by Richard Holloway | Religion & Spirituality |
Registered by Smallvillenyc of Sunnyside, New York USA on 10/18/2020
Journal Entry 1 by Smallvillenyc from Sunnyside, New York USA on Sunday, October 18, 2020
A quick read through history of Religion, neatly packed and easily read. Yes, there is a slight hint of the Authors voice being agnostic or also possibly atheist. I believe the Author is still active within the church albeit his views are definitely not of the usual priest, although nowadays and the foreseeable future, I think religion is getting more open and people are choosing which parts to believe and which to leave out. Which interestingly is what many have done in the past in creating the new offshoots, as many as 345 of Christianity. But I do like how it is mentioned ,they all can be seen as different variety's, as flowers in a garden can have variety, all springing from the same soil. That last wording was my addition.
I suppose it gives a lot to think about, and shows how much we as humans are always changing or have the ability to change and find new beliefs. I guess everyone as also pointed out in the book, need to believe in something, just nowadays religion in it's dogmatic form anyhow is the lesser choice. Because I still meet many who want to and do believe in God, but don't practice all the parts that accompany their chosen religion or God within their branch of religion.
I'm not 100% sure I got that wording right, but hopefully I got my point made.
I don't consider myself a scholar but do feel I see the depths within the many ways people see things. And with that I will soon send the book on it's way to another reader.

Journal Entry 2 by Smallvillenyc at 43rd & Skillman in Sunnyside, New York USA on Sunday, October 18, 2020

Released 1 wk ago (10/18/2020 UTC) at 43rd & Skillman in Sunnyside, New York USA

I hope this little book find it's way to many a reader , and enjoy it's introduction to many faiths.
And do please pass it along. :)