Murder on Cape Cod

by Maddie Day | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 10/18/2020
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, October 18, 2020
Book #1 in the Cozy Capers Book Group series: A Cape Cod shop owner and her book club must find a crafty killer in this charming new series from the Agatha-nominated author of the Country Store Mystery series.

Summer is busy season for Mackenzie “Mac” Almeida’s bicycle shop, nestled in the quaint, seaside hamlet of Westham, Massachusetts. She’s expecting an influx of tourists at Mac’s Bikes; instead she discovers the body of Jake Lacey. Mac can’t imagine anyone stabbing the down-on-his-luck handyman. However, the authorities seem to think Mac is a strong suspect after she was spotted arguing with Jake just hours before his death. Mac knows she didn’t do it, but she does recognize the weapon—her brother Derrick’s fishing knife.

Mac’s only experience with murder investigations is limited to the cozy mysteries she reads with her local book group, the Cozy Capers. So to clear her name—and maybe her brother’s too—Mac will have to summon help from her Cozy Capers co-investigators and a library’s worth of detectives’ tips and tricks. For a small town, Westham is teeming with possible killers, and this is one mystery where Mac is hoping for anything but a surprise ending…

My Review: This is a fun start to a cozy mystery series. I actually read it in February, but I'm just now getting to register it for Bookcrossing. I really liked the main character Mac Almeida, because she's down to earth.

I won this book on Goodreads, planning to release it soon.

Released 2 wks ago (2/15/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library - Noonday Creek Trailhead in Woodstock, Georgia USA

Left in the Little Free Library today. Enjoy the book!