Ask My Mood Ring How I Feel

by Diana Lopez | Teens |
ISBN: 0316209953 Global Overview for this book
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 10/15/2020
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, October 15, 2020
Book Description: It's summer before eighth grade, and Erica "Chia" Montenegro is feeling so many things that she needs a mood ring to keep track of her emotions. She's happy when she hangs out with her best friends, the Robins. She's jealous that her genius little sister skipped two grades. And she's passionate about the crushes on her Boyfriend Wish list. And when Erica's mom is diagnosed with breast cancer, she feels worried and doesn't know what she can do to help.

When her family visits a cuarto de milagros, a miracle room in a famous church, Erica decides to make a promesa to God in exchange for her mom's health. As her mom gets sicker, Erica quickly learns that juggling family, friends, school, and fulfilling a promesa is stressful, but with a little bit of hope and a lot of love, she just might be able to figure it out.

Confetti Girl author Diana Lopez returns with this sweet, funny, and utterly honest story about being a girl in a world full of good (and bad) surprises.

My Review: I love a good coming of age book. This one was a lot of fun to read. I related to the main character, Erica a lot.

I found this unregistered book in a Little Free Library in Carrollton, Georgia in February. I posted a picture of the LFL in Adamson Square in Carrollton. Planning to leave in another Little Free Library soon, that's where I'm leaving all my wild releases these days.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Little Free Library - Noonday Creek Trailhead in Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Released 4 mos ago (10/28/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library - Noonday Creek Trailhead in Woodstock, Georgia USA

Left in the Little Free Library on the Noonday Creek Trail. Enjoy the book!