The Firebird's Feather

by Marjorie Eccles | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingTanamowing of Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 10/11/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingTanamowing from Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 11, 2020
London, May 1911. The new King, George V, is preparing for his coronation. The suffragettes are campaigning for women to get the vote. The East End seethes with unrest. And eighteen-year-old Kitty Challoner is looking forward to 'coming out' in London society.
But Kitty's secure, sheltered world is about to be torn apart. Lydia Challoner is shot dead while out riding in Hyde Park, and during the ensuing murder investigation, Kitty discovers that there was so much she didn't know about her flamboyant mother. Was Lydia really the killer's intended target? Is there a link to her Russian heritage? Why had she been behaving so strangely in recent weeks? Was she having an affair?
As Kitty determines to uncover the truth and wonders exactly whom she can trust, she learns that the smart London town-house in which she lives harbours a number of dangerous secrets.

Journal Entry 2 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 12, 2021
I occasionally worked for this author's husband in my past but I never met Marjorie or read any of her books until I picked up this one. It was an easy read and not hard to guess the perpetrator despite several red herrings.

Journal Entry 3 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, February 01, 2021

Released 4 wks ago (2/1/2021 UTC) at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom

This book is going in the Alliteration bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, February 08, 2021
Taken from the Alliteration Bookbox. Looks like perfect lockdown reading. I might see if my mum wants to read it after me.