Edinburgh Twilight

by Carole Lawrence | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingTanamowing of Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 10/11/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingTanamowing from Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 11, 2020
The wealthy residents of New Town live in comfort, while Old Town's cobblestone streets are dotted with criminals, prostitution and poverty. Detective Inspector Ian Hamilton is no stranger to Edinburgh's darkest crimes. Scarred by the mysterious fire that killed his parents, he faces his toughest case yet when a young man is found strangled in Holyrood Park.
With little evidence aside from a strange playing card found on the body, Hamilton engages the help of his aunt, a gifted photographer and George Pearson, a Librarian with a shared interest in the criminal mind. But the body count is rising. As newspapers spin tales of the "Holyrood Strangler", panic sets in across the city. And with each victim, the murderer is getting closer to Hamilton, the one man who dares to stop him.

Journal Entry 2 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, January 21, 2021
DH read this first and really liked it which almost put me off it as we don't have the same tastes but then one wet afternoon I started to read and got hooked pretty soon, especially by the wide range of well depicted characters. I will definitely be looking out for more work by this author.

Journal Entry 3 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, February 05, 2021
Passed to a non-bookcrossing friend.