Falling Leaves

by Adeline Yen Mah | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by 3vie of Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on 10/11/2020
Journal Entry 1 by 3vie from Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Sunday, October 11, 2020
The True Story of an Unwanted Chinese Daughter

The story of an unwanted Chinese daughter growing up during the Communist Revolution, blamed for her mother's death, ignored by her millionaire father and unwanted by her Eurasian step mother. A story of greed, hatred and jealousy; a domestic drama is played against the extraordinary political events in China and Hong Kong.

Written with the emotional force of a novel but with a vividness drawn from a personal and political background, Falling Leaves has been an enduring bestseller all over the world.

Journal Entry 2 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Sunday, October 11, 2020

Released 3 yrs ago (10/11/2020 UTC) at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Sending to someone from the 2020 birthday group. So sorry this is late. I hope you had a wonderful day ��

Journal Entry 3 by wingdolph1nwing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Friday, October 16, 2020
Thank you for my lovely birthday parcel including this wishlist book. I love everything especially the book bag.

Journal Entry 4 by wingdolph1nwing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, November 22, 2020
Crikey what a disfunctional family. This is a fascinating but harrowing story.

Journal Entry 5 by wingdolph1nwing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Released 2 yrs ago (4/6/2021 UTC) at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

Sending to a friend.

Journal Entry 6 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, April 12, 2021
Looks interesting. I might have to read this one.

Journal Entry 7 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Book Box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Monday, June 28, 2021

Released 2 yrs ago (7/1/2021 UTC) at Book Box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Going into the Foreign Authors Bookbox

Join UK Bookcrossers at the Newcastle Unconvention from 1st-3rd October 2021

Journal Entry 8 by kinedi at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Saturday, July 3, 2021
Arrived today with the Foreign authors bookbox thank you

Edited 24.11.23
Been in my house unread for too long so am moving it on at Edinburgh meet up next weekend

Journal Entry 9 by kinedi at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, November 24, 2023

Released 3 mos ago (11/27/2023 UTC) at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Welcome to Bookcrossing.

Thank you for catching this book! I hope that you enjoy it and will consider exploring this site and possibly joining. It is free and loads of fun, as you can track your released books in their travels, possibly all over the world!

Please feel free to keep this book for as long as you wish, and whenever you're ready, pass it on. Then watch its journey - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes a new journal entry. It's all confidential, free and fun (and addictive - but in a GOOD way)!

You may remain anonymous, but if you choose to join the site, I hope that you will consider using me, kinedi, as the one who referred you.

Congratulations on finding a Bookcrossing book and Happy Reading!!!

Journal Entry 10 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Hi all you guys, kinedi, Poodlesister, dolph1n and 3vie! I picked this up off the table after Sundays, Edinburgh BookCrossers, OLD GANG, meeting to take it elsewhere to release. Was planning on a LFL release, near my flat sometime this coming week. On releasing this, I'll leave precise location notes on the following, Journal Entry. Cheers rainbow3.

Released 2 mos ago (12/7/2023 UTC) at Little Free Library - Leith Walk Police Box in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Heading to Bendix Laundrette further down Leith Walk so a fine opportunity to leave some books here, while on the way. It's a busy wee LFL. [Insert: actual book perched on a shelf in the little free library.]

● RELEASE NOTES:
DEAR FINDER:
I'm a special book. I'm not forgotten, lost or discarded. I was left here on purpose and I am looking for a new reader. On: www.bookcrossing.com. you can follow my journey.

Take me travelling, read me or not, and please leave a note about my whereabouts on the website - anonymously, if you prefer.

Then, please release me again so I can travel on, greetings from BookCrosser rainbow3.