Agatha Raisin and the Haunted House

by M. C. Beaton | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by winggoldenwattlewing of Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on 10/9/2020
Journal Entry 1 by winggoldenwattlewing from Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Friday, October 09, 2020
Just back from an extended stay in London, Agatha Raisin finds herself greeted by torrential rains and an old, familiar feeling of boredom. When her handsome new neighbour, Paul Chatterton, shows up on her doorstep, she tries her best to ignore his obvious charms, but his sparkling black eyes and the promise of adventure soon lure her into another investigation.

Journal Entry 2 by winggoldenwattlewing at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Friday, January 29, 2021
I thought in the first part of the book Agatha was weak. She was not the one leading the investigation; Paul was doing the leading. I found this a let down. Later in the book Agatha was back to how she is expected to be and the story improved. But it was too late for me to give a higher rating.
In the previous book I read of Agatha, she was attempting to give up smoking, but no sign of it here. I can imagine Agatha as an ex-smoker, criticising smokers, so I don't know why the author doesn't have Agatha give up smoking and become an opinionated ex-smoker. That would still be an Agatha thing. Also, I thought the local gossip was murdered, but here she is again, or is this another gossiper? Where did Charles' children come from? I thought his wife was only pretending to be pregnant.
Give up Agatha, considering every man you meet as possible husband material. It's getting boring.

Released into the LFL in Bundeela Street, Narrabundah, ACT. Enjoy, and it's really appreciated if you can please log this book to let previous readers know it has found a new reader, and where it travels to next. Then we can all follow its journey. Thank you 🙂 .

To the finder, enjoy, and I hope you will write a journal entry so that previous readers will know that this book has been found (even anonymously). It is always a joy to find where it has gone. Once you've read this book, pass it on to a friend, or set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find as you did.
You can remain anonymous but if you are interested in joining please consider using - Goldenwattle as your referrer.
When you pass this book along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it. Thank you.

More information on BookCrossing