Trashed

by Alison Gaylin | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by dvg of Toms River, New Jersey USA on 10/8/2020
Journal Entry 1 by dvg from Toms River, New Jersey USA on Thursday, October 08, 2020
Working for a tabloid scandal sheet, Simone Glass sets out to uncover the real story behind the scenes after a soap opera star commits suicide and her emotionally unstable assistant insists that the death had really been murder, but someone else will do anything to hide the truth.

Journal Entry 2 by dvg at Surprise, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, October 09, 2020

Released 4 mos ago (10/9/2020 UTC) at Surprise, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

This is a new-to-me author that I found during a library booksale a while back.

The main character of this book reminded me a little of Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum because she is a young woman who lost her job and is embarking on a new profession. Although it is a new job, it is one which she studied, a journalist. The paper she is working for is a tabloid and her step in the door and helps her pay her bills. Simone Glass, the main character, is entertaining as she roots around in a garbage dumpster and finds a clue to a murder of a famous actress. The story takes off from there and you get a little story and some misadventures in Los Angeles. This, I discover, is one of the author’s earlier titles. I have another more recent title on my bookshelf to read and am curious to see how the author's writing style develops.

Traveling to JennyC1230.
Happy Reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, October 13, 2020
Thank you, DVG! I haven't heard of this author, but I love the Stephanie Plum series. Thank you for thinking of me! I have some books I want to send you too.

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, November 11, 2020
My Review: I have never read anything from this author and really enjoyed the characters and the story. All the Hollywood craziness and the main character working for a tabloid. The mystery takes twists and turns that are unbelievable. I will look for more books from this author.