The Thursday Murder Club

by Richard Osman | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingearthcaroleannewing of Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on 10/4/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingearthcaroleannewing from Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, October 04, 2020
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. If you’re new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site (www.bookcrossing.com), please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join.

I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, earthcaroleanne, as your referring member. When you’ve finished reading this book and are ready to send it on its way again, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a release note if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e mail each time someone makes another journal entry. And it’s confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Happy BookCrossings!

Journal Entry 2 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, October 04, 2020
In a peaceful retirement village, four unlikely friends meet up once a week to investigate unsolved murders. But when a brutal killing takes place on their very doorstep, the Thursday Murder Club find themselves in the middle of the first live case. Elizabeth, Joyce, Ibrahim and Ron might be pushing eighty but they still have a few tricks up their sleeves. Can our unorthodox but brilliant gang catch the killer before it is too late?

Journal Entry 3 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, October 04, 2020

Released 3 mos ago (10/8/2020 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

I have received two copies of this for my birthday which would have been during the Newcastle uncon. Therefore I am sending this out on a bookray starting it the weekend we were meant to be there. I'll be meeting Poodlesister instead so I'll hand it to her.

Poodlesister (UK/Europe)
Sparkish (UK/Europe)
nefertari ((UK/Europe)
Bookworm-lady (Europe)
penelopewanders (Europe)

Journal Entry 4 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 28, 2020
Sorry, this was in with my birthday presents and I should've opened it sooner.

Journal Entry 5 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 11, 2020
Funny and moving. I really like the characters and I hope to find out more about them as this series progresses. The ending was a bit confusing and required lots of concentrated effort.

Journal Entry 6 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Released 2 mos ago (11/14/2020 UTC) at Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

This will be going to bookfrogster when I next visit the post office

ETA posted on the 14th November

Join UK Bookcrossers at the Newcastle Unconvention from 1st-3rd October 2021

Journal Entry 7 by wingbookfrogsterwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, November 30, 2020
This actually arrived over a week ago, but I've been having issues with internet access. So vexing, but finally sorted. Thanks you so much for sharing this one. I LOVED it, great bunch of characters and a good lot full of twists and turns. I can't wait for him to write the next one. Also thank you for the extra treats Poodle-sister!
I should be posting this tomorrow.

Journal Entry 8 by wingbookfrogsterwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, November 30, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (11/30/2020 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Actually managed to post this today to keep things moving. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 9 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 02, 2020
Arrived with me today, I hope to start in a few days, I'm really looking forward to it :-)

Journal Entry 10 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Sunday, December 13, 2020
I really enjoyed this, what a fun book. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series, so annoyed that we have to wait so long!
I hope to be able to post this to the next person on the list during next week.

Journal Entry 11 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, December 17, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (12/18/2020 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

On to the next person on the list, hope you enjoy it as much as I did :-)

Journal Entry 12 by wingCross-patchwing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 24, 2020
Thank you earthcaroleanne for sharing, Yorkshire-lass for posting and everyone in between. Merry Christmas. Let the party begin!

Journal Entry 13 by wingCross-patchwing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, January 18, 2021
Really enjoyable read, but then I’d expect nothing less from Richard Osman!

Journal Entry 14 by wingCross-patchwing at Bookring, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Monday, January 18, 2021

Released 18 hrs ago (1/18/2021 4:00 PM UTC) at Bookring, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Off to the next participant.