Crossing Paths - The BookCrossing Novel

by Debbie Robson | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingSparkishwing of Fleckney, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 10/1/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingSparkishwing from Fleckney, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, October 01, 2020
At BookCrossing, books are registered and released with an individual tracking number. A good many drop off the radar and then turn up years later at the strangest of places. In Crossing Paths, the main character Jane disappears - for the other characters who are worried about her the clues to where she might be are on her BookCrossing bookshelf. Russell Dark, a book store owner and Jonathan Fairlight, a new age writer, begin to track her through the books she leaves behind. Within these pages eight people who cross paths with Jane Townsend will have their lives changed forever.

Journal Entry 2 by wingSparkishwing at Fleckney, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, October 30, 2020
I enjoyed this book, although it is not the sort of thing I would normally read. I suspect it wouldn’t have been such a success with me if I hadn’t been a bookcrosser. I did feel it was longer than it needed to be though.

Now going off as a book ray.

Here's the link to the forum thread.

To those taking part please send on to the next person within a month. If there are any hold ups please message me.

Participants (Order may change if necessary)

Poodlesister - UK (UK/Europe) - 07.11.20
elstaplador - UK (Int) - 25.11.20
Shahrun - UK (Int)
rahar109 - UK (UK/Europe)
Yogiberri - UK (UK)
Andrea99 - UK (UK/poss Europe)
Dolph1n - UK (UK)
Ythan - UK (Europe)
JPix - UK (UK/Europe)
Teapot - UK (UK/Europe)
Paulanni - Finland (Europe)
Mecu - Finland (Europe)
Mankyi - Switzerland (Europe)
Fifna - Netherlands (Europe)
Bookworm-lady - Spain (Int)
Olivia_Lo - Taiwan (Int)
Icila- France (Int)
mattandmandy75 - Australia (Aus/NZ)
xtrdnry - Australia (Aus)
leah152 -Australia (Aus/Int)
tigergirlnz - NZ (NZ/Aus/Int)
Gaboyd - NZ (Int)
Brookler - Canada
mscar - Canada (US/poss Int)
eponine38 - USA (US/poss Int)
Spatial - USA (US)
hyphen8 - USA (US)
HI77 - USA (US)
echode - USA (US)
samid - USA (US)

Journal Entry 3 by wingSparkishwing at to next participant, a ring/ray -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, November 04, 2020

Released 2 mos ago (11/4/2020 UTC) at to next participant, a ring/ray -- Controlled Releases

Travelling! I hope you like it 😊

Journal Entry 4 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, November 07, 2020
This arrived yesterday. I recognise the bookplate! Thanks for the postcard. I have just started another Ray book which I've had for too long but this book will queue jump some other books as so many people want to read it.

Journal Entry 5 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 18, 2020
This was a slow burner for me, I felt a bit overwhelmed by all the characters and locations at first but it all started to make sense and became quite gripping. It was great to spot familiar BookCrossing names (MissMarkey, over-the-moon and Skyring in particular). The places also brought back welcome memories of past travels.

Journal Entry 6 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Released 2 mos ago (11/19/2020 UTC) at Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

This will be travelling to elstaplador with some HGG goodies when I next visit the post office, later this week.

Join UK Bookcrossers at the Newcastle Unconvention from 1st-3rd October 2021

Journal Entry 7 by wingelstapladorwing at Ely, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 25, 2020
Received in the bookring - looking forward to reading this one!

Journal Entry 8 by wingelstapladorwing at Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Monday, December 28, 2020
This book is legendary in BookCrossing circles, but I'd never seen a copy of it. So I jumped at the chance to join the bookring. This follows one Australian BookCrosser around the world as she seeks to release six symbolic books following the death of her husband. It sorely needed an editor - two, in fact, a structural editor and a copy editor - but it was really effective in reminding me of the joy of sharing books in general, and BookCrossing in particular, and it was lovely to see some familiar BC names.

Journal Entry 9 by wingelstapladorwing at Ely, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 08, 2021

Released 1 wk ago (1/8/2021 UTC) at Ely, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom

Sending on to the next reader in the ring.

Journal Entry 10 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Friday, January 15, 2021
This has arrived safely with my in East London! Blimey, it’s a fair old wedge of book ay! I will do my best to get it read and onto the next reader ASAP.