Shadows in the Asylum

by D. A. Stern | Horror |
ISBN: 1578602041 Global Overview for this book
Registered by MRZECKER of Leominster, Massachusetts USA on 9/29/2020
Journal Entry 1 by MRZECKER from Leominster, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, September 29, 2020
Definitely an interesting read, to say the least. This book is an extremely postmodern book that takes the form of various narratives that compromise the entirety of the text from beginning to end - and the narratives themselves are not normal narratives, but are built from facsimiles that are meant to be real records from fictional people, histories, and other materials that compromise the overall story. While this is not the scariest book I have ever read, to say the least, I will say that there are many aspects of fear and horror that evoke Henry James in my mind as I read this. I will say that it was a great deal of fun to read and experience, and I would recommend it to anyone as either a frightful and fun romp or even an exercise in postmodern narrations. Regardless, it was fantastic and fun, and well worth the price of admission into the troubled halls of Kriegmoor.

Journal Entry 2 by MRZECKER at Little Free Library, Water St in Leominster, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Released 4 wks ago (9/30/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library, Water St in Leominster, Massachusetts USA

Little free library release! Woo hoo!