The Tale of a Pig

by Wallace Tripp | Children's Books |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 9/29/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, September 29, 2020
I got this ex-library hardcover from Better World Books. It's an adaptation of a folk tale, by one of my favorite artists - his detailed and humorous illustrations do enhance the story. It's a "beauty in disguise"-type tale, of a young woman cursed to appear as a pig, and the handsome prince who spies her changing forms and opts to marry the pig-girl in hopes of breaking the spell. [An amusing add-on - after the happy ending for the main couple, a greedy guardsman decides that he, too, deserves a pig-bride - and goes hunting for the biggest, fattest pig he can find. Alas for him, that one's not under a curse, and responds to the marriage by kicking him and bolting!]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library (Winnacunnet Rd.) in Hampton, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Released 4 wks ago (9/29/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library (Winnacunnet Rd.) in Hampton, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in one of the tree-trunk-notch shelves of this very delightful Little Free Library (now decorated for Halloween). I put the book inside a plastic bag, as rain is in the forecast. Hope someone enjoys the book!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2020 You're Such an Animal challenge. ***