Americanah

by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 000735634X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingLubiettewing of Kallithea - Καλλιθέα, Attica Greece on 9/26/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingLubiettewing from Kallithea - Καλλιθέα, Attica Greece on Saturday, September 26, 2020
Summary Edit
As teenagers in a Lagos secondary school, Ifemelu and Obinze fall in love. Nigeria at the time is under military dictatorship, and people are seeking to leave the country. Ifemelu moves to the United States to study, where she struggles for the first time with racism and the many varieties of racial distinctions: for the first time, Ifemelu discovers what it means to be a "Black Person".[3] Obinze had hoped to join her in the U.S. but he is denied a visa after 9/11. He goes to London, eventually becoming an undocumented immigrant after his visa expires.

Journal Entry 2 by wingLubiettewing at Homesick café in Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Saturday, September 26, 2020

Released 3 wks ago (9/27/2020 UTC) at Homesick café in Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece

I had this book in my wishlist for a while until my Ballyclaus anemos offered it to me last Christmas.
Certainly one of my favourite reads of the year, now time has come for Americanah to meet new readers.
Enjoy !