The Little Red Hen

by Mary Finch, Kate Slater, Debra Messing | Children's Books | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 9/19/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, September 19, 2020
I found this softcover (minus the CD that originally came with it) in this Little Free Library in Nashua NH while dropping off some books of my own. This is a reworking of the story of the Little Red Hen who does all the work of raising grain, milling flour, and baking a cake, only to have her lazy neighbors demand to share. Here, she tells them they can't share since they didn't work - and they learn their lesson, happily helping out on the next crop. [The version I recall from my childhood ended with the hen enjoying the fruits of her own labors, with no indication that the other animals had learned anything - not sure which version I prefer {wry grin}.]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Moran Rd in North Billerica, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, September 20, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (9/20/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library, Moran Rd in North Billerica, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in the TARDIS-themed Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2020 You're Such an Animal challenge. ***