The Blackhouse: Lewis Trilogy 1

by Peter May | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by dolph1n of Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on 9/19/2020
Journal Entry 1 by dolph1n from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 19, 2020
The first of the Lewis Trilogy.

Journal Entry 2 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 24, 2020
A brutal killing takes place on the Isle of Lewis, Scotland. Detective Finn Macleod is sent to investigate. He was born on the island and old skeletons begin to surface.

Journal Entry 3 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 24, 2020
I like the way Finn's childhood is told in the first person and the investigation in the third.
It is an exciting and atmospheric story with great characters. I didn't like the details of the killing of the young gannets though.
I can't wait to start the second book in the Trilogy.

Journal Entry 4 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 16, 2021

Released 3 wks ago (4/16/2021 UTC) at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

Sending as a surprise wishlist RABCK.

Journal Entry 5 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Many, MANY thanks for your surprise RABCK box dolph1n. So, kind of you to take the initiative and post these books my way. Most appreciated! PETER MAY’s LEWIS TRILOGY has been recommended to me by more than a few BookCrossers so how lovely to have an already registered, boxed set of BookCrossing volumes to read.

How delightful also that you sent me THE HEN OF THE BASKERVILLES book 15 of the whacky Meg Langslow series by DONNA ANDREWS. A ridiculously fun and light offering from Andrew’s whimsical pen, I have been following this series in a haphazard way and now I have the hang of it I may read this out of sequence and pass it onto another reader who’s been enjoying these with me. (You, no doubt, will easily be able to guess the name of this next BookCrossing reader.)

Oh, and this volume comes with an enchanting bookplate by JONATHAN WOLSTENHOLMEaptly, for a bookcrossing book, titled “Going on a Journey”. WOW!