The Girl With All The Gifts

by M. R. Carey | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingdark-dracowing of Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on 9/19/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingdark-dracowing from Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 19, 2020
Wow. For some reason, this was not what I was expecting from this book - zombies? Bloody brilliant.

I've read so many end-of-world stories, and I have to say that I thought the whole fungal thing a nice twist - completely scary, but something I can't remember being used before. Who'll look at an innocent mushroom in the same way again.

At first you have to feel sorry for the children at the base, but as the story progresses and Melanie begins to realise what and who she is, some of that starts to fade. I really liked the ending - only fairytale princesses need it to be a happy one!

I have to admit that occasionally the author's style grated a little bit, but overall it didn't stop me loving this book. I can't wait to track down the sequel and see where the story goes.

Journal Entry 2 by wingdark-dracowing at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (10/20/2020 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Sent as a surprise wishlist RABCK to a fellow bookcrosser
Hope you enjoy it

Journal Entry 3 by 4evagreen at Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Thursday, October 22, 2020
What a wonderfully unexpected surprise. Many thanks for your sharing it and the other goodies, I look forward to reading it.