Sweetbitter

by Stephanie Danler | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 9781101911860 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingeponine38wing of Winchester, Massachusetts USA on 9/14/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, September 14, 2020
Amazon:
Newly arrived in New York City, twenty-two-year-old Tess lands a job working front of house at a celebrated downtown restaurant. What follows is her education: in champagne and cocaine, love and lust, dive bars and fine dining rooms, as she learns to navigate the chaotic, enchanting, punishing life she has chosen. The story of a young woman’s coming-of-age, set against the glitzy, grimy backdrop of New York’s most elite restaurants, in Sweetbitter Stephanie Danler deftly conjures the nonstop and high-adrenaline world of the food industry and evokes the infinite possibilities, the unbearable beauty, and the fragility and brutality of being young and adrift.

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, September 14, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (9/14/2020 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

On its way to mrsjones to fulfill a wish.

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 3 by mrsjones at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Saturday, September 19, 2020
Got this in the mail today. Thanks so much! Can’t wait to read it.

Journal Entry 4 by mrsjones at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Sunday, September 27, 2020
I'm not sure what drew me to this book? Probably the restaurant setting. I always think I'll like reading about the behind-the-scenes dysfunction of restaurant kitchens. And everytime I read about them, I'm so glad I didn't work in restaurants for too long. So stressful.