A Spark of Light

by Jodi Picoult | Other |
Registered by wingrubyrebelwing of Toledo, Ohio USA on 9/10/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingrubyrebelwing from Toledo, Ohio USA on Thursday, September 10, 2020
A spark of light

Journal Entry 2 by spoiledrotten at Waldwick, New Jersey USA on Friday, September 18, 2020
Thanks for tag. I always enjoy books by this author.

Journal Entry 3 by spoiledrotten at Waldwick, New Jersey USA on Monday, October 12, 2020
On reserve for mrsjones for the wishlist tag game.

Journal Entry 4 by spoiledrotten at Waldwick, New Jersey USA on Wednesday, October 14, 2020
One morning at a women’s reproductive health clinic in Mississippi a gunman walks in. Shooting begins and several women are either dead, wounded or being held hostage, including the fifteen year old daughter of the police negotiator.
The story bring to light many differing opinions and options and is very thought provoking, but it is written from the end of the day to the beginning and since there are so many different characters it was a bit hard to follow at times. In spite of this it was a very good and important story to tell.

Journal Entry 5 by spoiledrotten at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Released 1 wk ago (10/14/2020 UTC) at Hamilton, Ohio USA

Sent to mrsjones for the wishlist tag game! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Journal Entry 6 by mrsjones at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Sunday, October 18, 2020
This arrived in the mail yesterday. Thank you! I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 7 by mrsjones at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Thursday, October 22, 2020
I haven't read the last few Picoult books. They got too formulaic. I did enjoy this one, though. I think Picoult used a lighter touch on this sensitive subject. I didn't like the structure of her moving backward in time during the day, but by the end of the novel, I came to appreciate what she'd done. It wouldn't be easy to write a book with the structure, but she really pulled it off well.