The Language of Secrets

by Ausma Zehanat Khan | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingReallyBookishwing of Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on 9/8/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingReallyBookishwing from Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, September 08, 2020
Reading now.

Journal Entry 2 by wingReallyBookishwing at Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, September 12, 2020
I enjoy the Canadian setting of this series, as well as the representation. We simply don't get to read about many Muslim police officers in detective fiction. Having said that, I will admit that I didn't enjoy this second book in the series quite as much as the first. It simply didn't have quite the same magic, but that often happens with a second book. I also found the plot of The Unquiet Dead to be a bit more propulsive than the plot of this one. Still, a solid read and I would like to continue on with the series.

Journal Entry 3 by wingReallyBookishwing at Wishlist Tag Game, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases on Monday, September 21, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (9/21/2020 UTC) at Wishlist Tag Game, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases

This is headed out as part of the wishlist tag game. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingQueen72wing at Hobbs, New Mexico USA on Friday, September 25, 2020
Thank you! I just finished the first book in the series the other day, so I can’t wait to start this one.