Little Secrets

by Anna Snoekstra | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by mattandmandy75 of Cockatoo, Victoria Australia on 2/5/2021
Journal Entry 1 by mattandmandy75 from Cockatoo, Victoria Australia on Friday, February 05, 2021
What happens when ambition trumps the truth? A town reeling in the wake of tragedy An arsonist is on the loose in Colmstock, Australia, most recently burning down the town's courthouse and killing a young boy who was trapped inside. An aspiring journalist desperate for a story The clock is ticking for Rose Blakey. With nothing but rejections from newspapers piling up, her job pulling beers for cops at the local tavern isn't nearly enough to cover rent. Rose needs a story -- a big one. Little dolls full of secrets In the weeks after the courthouse fire, precise porcelain replicas of Colmstock's daughters begin turning up on doorsteps, terrifying parents and testing the limits of the town's already fractured police force. Rose may have finally found her story. But as her articles gain traction and the boundaries of her investigation blur, Colmstock is seized by a seething paranoia. Soon, no one is safe from suspicion. And when Rose's attention turns to the mysterious stranger living in the rooms behind the tavern, neighbour turns on neighbour and the darkest side of self-preservation is revealed.

Journal Entry 2 by mattandmandy75 at McDonald's Book Exchange Shelf in Nunawading, Victoria Australia on Sunday, February 28, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (3/4/2021 UTC) at McDonald's Book Exchange Shelf in Nunawading, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book:

Please journal that you’ve found me, read and re-release. I’d love to follow the book’s journey. Bookcrossing is free & fun and let’s face it, not much is these days! :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingmarmee463wing at Nunawading, Victoria Australia on Thursday, March 04, 2021
Caught today.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Monday, March 29, 2021
Although the writing is raw and stark the story initially drew me in, sadly not for long. As the characters developed they became more and more despicable and I found the story depressing. So I gave up about a third of the way in.