The Toad From Outer Space (signed by the author)

by Faiz Kermani | Children's Books |
Registered by wingSqueakyChuwing of Rockville, Maryland USA on 8/23/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingSqueakyChuwing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, August 23, 2020
This book is a gift to me (and other BookCrossers) from the book's author, Faiz Kermani. Inscribed inside the front cover of this book is the following:...

Happy reading!
Move over Space X,
the spce toads are
in town!
Faiz
Aug. 3, 2020

Journal Entry 2 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, August 23, 2020
Thank you so much for sharing this book with me, Faizy! Of course, I read it right away. It made me laugh, especially the name of the arriving toad...Snotbubble. The story addresses such things as hospitality, lying, laziness, self-improvement, and community contribution - all topics which can and should be addressed with children. The drawings by Korey Scott are detailed, colorful, and humorous, This is a book I'll happily share with others.

I hope to share this book first with other BookCrossers and then out in the wild for a child to find (most likely in a Little Free Library).

Journal Entry 3 by wing6of8wing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, January 23, 2021
Apparently I have become an unofficial Bookcrossing transport service. I dropped off some books to Squeaky today, including books from me, books from Ixion, and books from Zippy. In return, I picked up some books from Squeaky to drop off with Zippy and a few for me.

I am excited to get this book, the latest by BookCrosser Faizy. I have enjoyed his other books and I was thrilled to get to meet him at the convention in Bordeaux in 2018. When I am done, I will take this book out on my next courrier rounds for another local BookCrosser to enjoy.

Journal Entry 4 by wing6of8wing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Tuesday, January 26, 2021
I read this enjoyable book today and found it among my favorites by the author. (I think I like The Toad Who Loved Tea the best) This is a story told in rhyme about the "toad-ily technological, historical space flight" of a toad named Snotbubble. His craft crashes into Fizzy Frog Swamp and makes a real impression on the locals.

I was fortunate to meet the author of this little book and hear him speak at the 2018 Bookcrossing Anniversay Convention in Bordeaux, France. I am always excited when I have a chance to read another of his delightful books. I will pass this along to another local member soon.

Journal Entry 5 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Sunday, February 07, 2021

Released 2 mos ago (2/6/2021 UTC) at Silver Spring, Maryland USA

I passed this book along to Zippy for her to read and enjoy.

Journal Entry 6 by wingSqNutZipswing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Sunday, February 07, 2021
Thanks for the surprise mask wearing, socially distanced visit and books drop off from friend and fellow BC'er "6" aka "6of8". 😷