The Garden Party

Reading is sexy
Registered by wingBookworm-ladywing of Madrid, Madrid Spain on 5/1/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Saturday, May 01, 2021
Innovative, startlingly perceptive and aglow with colour, these stories were written towards the end of Katherine Mansfield's tragically short life. Many are set in the author's native New Zealand, others in England and the French Riviera. All are revelations of the unspoken, half-understood emotions that make up everyday experience - from the blackly comic 'The Daughters of the Late Colonel', and the short, sharp sketch 'Miss Brill', in which a lonely woman's precarious sense of self is brutally destroyed, to the vivid impressionistic evocation of family life in 'At the Bay'. 'All that I write,' Mansfield said, 'all that I am - is on the borders of the sea. It is a kind of playing.'

I read these short stories at university, and they have stayed with me since. Good to be able to share them with new readers.

Journal Entry 2 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Friday, May 07, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (5/7/2021 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent today to the winner of the Mail a Garden Sweeps, with a travelling companion and a little extra gift. :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingHarobed82wing at Les Sables-d'Olonne, Pays de la Loire France on Friday, May 14, 2021
Thank you for this book, the coloring book and stickers! :)