London Under

by Peter Ackroyd | History |
Registered by ChrisC57-_ of Farnham, Surrey United Kingdom on 8/15/2020
Journal Entry 1 by ChrisC57-_ from Farnham, Surrey United Kingdom on Saturday, August 15, 2020
Personally I find the writing style hard to get on with but the facts within this book are well worth the struggle. Info on what lies under Londons streets.

Journal Entry 2 by ChrisC57-_ at Farnham, Surrey United Kingdom on Monday, August 17, 2020

Released 3 yrs ago (8/17/2020 UTC) at Farnham, Surrey United Kingdom

Passed onto an interested reader

Journal Entry 3 by jo_an_a at Wimbledon, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 18, 2020
Thank you so much for this book, I look forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 4 by jo_an_a at Wimbledon, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 2, 2021
After a year in lockdown reading this book made me miss central London, and the Tube, would you believe. It's nice to be reminded on what an amazing city we live in.

The author obviously loves London, his style is almost poetic at times. The book is full of interesting facts and old photographs and pictures too, an easy and enjoyable read.

Journal Entry 5 by jo_an_a at Wimbledon, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Released 2 yrs ago (11/4/2021 UTC) at Wimbledon, Greater London United Kingdom

This book continues its journey, sending it to the winner of the Global Sweepstakes. Congratulations!

Journal Entry 6 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, November 23, 2021
Arrived today! Thank you.

Journal Entry 7 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Sunday, January 16, 2022
I know at one point, this would have interested me. Sadly, not now. I shall look for a new home for it.

Journal Entry 8 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 13, 2022

Released 2 yrs ago (3/26/2022 UTC) at Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Sending as a RABCK. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by Boekentrol at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, June 15, 2022
What a surprise! This book arrived yesterday, exactly on my birthday :-) What are the odds, after such a long journey!

Thank you so much, lauraloo29, for sending it out to me!

Journal Entry 10 by Boekentrol at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Saturday, February 24, 2024
This is not a bad book, just not one I like enough to finish.
I expected something else, but got a descriptions of old rivers and cemeteries beneath a city I don't know.
The illustrations were nice enough, but not enough to keep me reading.

Released 1 mo ago (2/26/2024 UTC) at Paddy O'Ryan Irish Pub in Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

In the green bookcase outside the side entrance of Paddy's.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, we encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold.