Rascal

by Sterling North | Children's Books | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingResQgeekwing of Alexandria, Virginia USA on 8/11/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingResQgeekwing from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Tuesday, August 11, 2020
Picked up at a Little Free Library in Columbia, MD, and registered in memory of my daughter, who was tragically killed on 30 August 2010. This was one of my favorite books as a boy, and I wish I had had a copy to read to my daughters when they were little.

Becky's love lives in you! Live her love by sharing Becky's hugs! Visit the Becky's Hugs page at Facebook.

Journal Entry 2 by wingResQgeekwing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Wednesday, August 19, 2020
I don't remember how old I was when I first read this story, but I remember being thoroughly enchanted by this story of a boy who adopts a raccoon cub and raises him as a pet. Their adventures were funny and charming, and I remember wanting to have something like this in my life. While the story focuses on 11 year old Sterling and his pet, it is set in 1918-1919, against the backdrop of the final months of WWI and the global "Spanish" flu pandemic. While these elements do not greatly influence the course of the story, they do provide color and context, and make this story extremely relevant to today's children in the midst of our current Covid-19 pandemic.

Released 3 yrs ago (8/19/2020 UTC) at LFL - 5619 Clermont Dr. #29843 - (Erin's Legacy - OBCZ) in Alexandria, Virginia USA

This is a classic novel for young readers, full of fun and adventure. It is also set in 1918-1919, during the "Spanish" flu pandemic. While the pandemic is not central to the story, it is included, and it can show today's children that life goes on, even during challenging times. This book is being placed in the Little Free Library to share with the younger readers in the neighborhood. Who knows...maybe one day one of them will write a great story about live during the current pandemic!

Journal Entry 4 by ErinsLegacyLFL at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, June 24, 2023
Removing from the Little Free Library to make room for a new selection of books.

Released 1 mo ago (4/21/2024 UTC) at Day Of The Book (Street Festival) On Howard Avenue in Kensington, Maryland USA

This book will be available at the BookCrossing booth at the festival.

======================

DEAR FINDER,

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 6 by bluemozaik at Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, April 21, 2024
I set this aside during the Kensington Book Festival because some of the pages are loose. I will try to repair it.