Irish Hearts

by Nora Roberts | | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingDiane-Fraserwing of Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on 8/10/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingDiane-Fraserwing from Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Monday, August 10, 2020
This is now a bookcrossing book ☺

Journal Entry 2 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Monday, August 10, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (8/10/2020 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Some light reading for Nu-knees ☺

Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 13, 2020
Thank you very much, D-F. This book is now safely in my hands, thank you :-)
And I love the Newcastle Unconvention bookplates that were tucked inside, thanks: a BookCrossing Angel of the North and a BookCrossing 'Toon Fan. Super stuff, well done! Hope it all goes well in October!

Journal Entry 4 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 25, 2020
IRISH THOROUGHBRED - the first of the two stories in this one volume:
All the predictability of an old style women's magazine short story, maybe from the 50s/60s, with the inevitable happy ending. It takes place around a stables training racehorses in Maryland, not an environment with which I'm familiar. I never even went through a horsey phase in my youth, although I did watch a lot of cowboys on tele. It was the era of Bonanza, Bronco Lane, the Lone Ranger, Rawhide, Wagon Train etc . . .

ETA: I think the hero is supposed to be impressively masterful - but through 21st century eyes he just comes across as an arrogant bully!

Journal Entry 5 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 29, 2020
IRISH ROSE: (The second novel)

If the out-dated attitudes (man = master, woman = doormat!) weren't so annoying this could be quite amusing. Her state-of-the-art office has a fancy adding machine, an electric typewriter and, wonder of wonder, a battery-operated pencil sharpener that you don't have to crank . . .

Journal Entry 6 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 29, 2020
Having now read both stories, I feel that I've given Ms Roberts quite enough of my time and can say for certain that she's isn't for me, no more second chances . . .
Thanks anyway, D-F, it was interesting to be reminded of a time and attitudes that I'd like to think are long gone!

Journal Entry 7 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Phonebox Library in Roecliffe, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, September 04, 2020

Released 2 wks ago (9/4/2020 UTC) at Phonebox Library in Roecliffe, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Left with the other books on offer in this well-stocked red telephone box book exchange!

Nearly two million people around the world give their books a unique BookCrossing IDentity number (BCID) before sending them out to find new readers. Since the start of the scheme in April 2001 over thirteen million such books have been put into circulation. This is one of them!

Our hope is that we can track the progress of our books once they've left our hands - and that's possible if finders like you visit the website, key in the BCID and leave a comment, however long or short. It's fun, it doesn't have to cost anything, although the site always appreciates donations towards running costs, and you can remain anonymous if you wish. You don't have to join but if you do you'll be able to number and track your own books!