Time and Tide

by Shirley McKay | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by kinedi of Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on 8/6/2020
Journal Entry 1 by kinedi from Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Thursday, August 06, 2020
1582, St Andrews. In the swell of a storm, a battered ship is wrecked in St Andrews harbour. Aboard is a young Flemish sailor - the only survivor. The cargo of the ship appears a welcome windfall but it soon brings devastation to the town as petty squabbling turns to hysteria and tragedy. Hew traces the ship to its source in Ghent, where he uncovers a strange secret. Unwilling to allow the law to take its course, he returns once more to the role of advocate and finds his deepest principles being tested to the core.

Journal Entry 2 by kinedi at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Sunday, August 09, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (8/10/2020 UTC) at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom

On its way to Nu-Knees

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 12, 2020
Since I moaned on the Forum recently about my rapidly diminishing supply of books, kind and generous BookCrossing friends have been rushing to my rescue with additional stocks. . . .
Thank you very much, kinedi, for the lovely parcel that arrived this morning. I'm feeling quite spoilt!
The time and place for this, 1582, St Andrews, appeals because I enjoy historical mysteries and because I have very fond memories of various visits to beautiful Fife, especially its coastal towns and villages.

Journal Entry 4 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 26, 2020
Not the most exciting mystery I've ever read - but not the most boring either . . . a pleasantly entertaining adventure. I enjoyed visiting 16th century Scotland and the Low Countries.
Thanks again, kinedi!