The Ghosting of Anne Armstrong

by Michael Cawood Green | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 1906897980 Global Overview for this book
Registered by winggreenbadgerwing of St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on 7/23/2020
Journal Entry 1 by winggreenbadgerwing from St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 23, 2020
This highly original book isn't the easiest read, but it's also fascinating. The author brings together the tale of Anne Armstrong, who in 1673 accused a whole number of her neighbours of witchcraft, with snippets of the story of a historical researcher into her story, and occasional glimpses of Anne's present day ghost. I'd never heard of Anne Armstrong despite being from the area, but the author has obviously done considerable research into how Northumberland would have been in the period as well as into Anne herself.

Journal Entry 2 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 29, 2020
Michael Cawood Green is one of the authors who will speak at the Newcastle Unconvention. Get your ticket here: https://bc-unconuk2020.weebly.com/tickets--sales.html

This book will travel as a ray:

dolph1n
Poodlesister
rahar109
Sparkish
Bookworm-lady
Plum-crazy
earthcaroleanne
Billbooks

Journal Entry 3 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (7/29/2020 UTC) at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

On its way to dolph1n who is first in the ray.

Journal Entry 4 by wingdolph1nwing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Friday, July 31, 2020
Arrived today, thank you. I will read it when I've finished the book I'm reading now.

Journal Entry 5 by wingdolph1nwing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 10, 2020
I found this rather heavy going but addictive. An unusual style of writing which I liked. What an interesting person Ann was.

Journal Entry 6 by wingdolph1nwing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 10, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (8/11/2020 UTC) at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

Going to the next person in the Ray. I will post this when it's been two weeks since my symptoms started and I'm symptom free.

Journal Entry 7 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, August 15, 2020
Thanks for the ray book, plus a couple of postcards. I will try and get it moving again quickly.

Journal Entry 8 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 26, 2020
Fascinating fictionalised account. I did find this quite hard to read and it required my full attention. I had a brief break to read a more light-hearted book.

Journal Entry 9 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Released 2 wks ago (9/1/2020 UTC) at Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

This will travel to Rahar109 after Bank Holiday Monday.

Join UK Bookcrossers at the Newcastle Unconvention from 9th to 11th October 2020

Journal Entry 10 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 09, 2020
Arrived in the post this morning.
Thank you for the goodies - love the Lockdown Cats!
Fingers crossed that the new lockdown measures don't affect the Uncon.