Y is for Yesterday

by Sue Grafton | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingearthcaroleannewing of Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on 4/17/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingearthcaroleannewing from Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, April 17, 2021
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. If you’re new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site (www.bookcrossing.com), please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join.

I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, earthcaroleanne, as your referring member. When you’ve finished reading this book and are ready to send it on its way again, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a release note if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e mail each time someone makes another journal entry. And it’s confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Happy BookCrossings!

Journal Entry 2 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, April 17, 2021
In 1979, four teenage boys from an elite private school sexually assault a fourteen-year-old classmate - and film the attack. Not long after, the tape goes missing and the suspected thief, a fellow classmate, is murdered. In the investigation that follows, one boy turns in evidence for the state and two of his peers are convicted. But the ringleader escapes without a trace. Now it's 1989 and one of the perpetrators, Fritz McCabe, has been released from prison. Unrepentant and angry, he is a virtual prisoner of his ever-watchful parents - until a copy of the missing tape arrives with a ransom demand. That's when the McCabes call Kinsey Millhone for help. As she is drawn into their family drama, she keeps a watchful eye on Fritz. But he's not the only one being haunted by the past....

Journal Entry 3 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 05, 2021
I really enjoyed this book but had to pay attention to the time changes between chapters. I found the teenagers (and their parents) all vey unlikeable and they didn’t improve any when they became adults. There was a huge amount going on in the side stories, which you could follow and I suspect some of them might have being going somewhere for the next book – but it didn’t happen. Nonetheless, it is surprisingly tied up for a book that wasn’t meant to be the last in the series. I did wonder how she was going to tie everything up as there didn’t seem to be enough pages left but I had forgotten this was a report for her files and there would be an epilogue. The explanation of the final murder was maybe a little vague but it can still be worked out. I’m going to miss Kinsey, a lot.

Journal Entry 4 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (5/7/2021 UTC) at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

Sending on in the spiral. I am glad we have managed to keep this going - even if it took longer than planned due to the pandemic. Thank you everyone.

Journal Entry 5 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 09, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (5/9/2021 UTC) at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

Sending out as the final part of the Kinsey Millhone spiral.

reet petite
diane-fraser
greenbadger
paws4books
Maranlin
penelopewanders
lamelemon
Ollie 1976

Journal Entry 6 by ReetPetite at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 15, 2021
Thank you. Arrived safely. Quite a hefty read.

Journal Entry 7 by ReetPetite at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 19, 2021
Sorry I'm not going to read this one. I couldn't believe that Kinsey could watch the tape & not want to go to the police. The conversation with the guy about copying it was just wrong. I didn't get any further. Anyway sorry again.
There isn't a list for who wants this book. Let me know & I'll pass it on.

Journal Entry 8 by ReetPetite at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Monday, May 24, 2021
On it's way to diane-fraser.

Journal Entry 9 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 26, 2021
I’m reading my own copy of this . Half way through it. I’m sending this on to greenbadger soon :-)