The Beggar and the Hare

by Tuomas Kyrö | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Pikkis of Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on 7/19/2020
Journal Entry 1 by Pikkis from Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on Sunday, July 19, 2020
From the backcover: "Vatanescu, an impoverished construction worker, wants a future for himself and a pair of football boots for his son. So he heads north to a cold, dark country where there is money to be made.
Taking up with a Russian human trafficker, he joins the bottom rung of a begging ring in Finland. But the prospects in this line of work are not as good as he had hoped, and soon Vatanescu in on the run.
His luck turns when he meets a fellow outcast, a hare fleeing Helsinki pest control. The pair embark on a journey that is funny, dark and wonderfully absurd. Could a beggar and a hare change not just the course of a country, but the way we see ourselves?"

I have to admit that I haven´t read this book in Finnish or in English nor any other books by Tuomas Kyrö. This is not my favourite kind of reading, so I´m only registering the book to be sent forward and hopefully find readers who will enjoy it.

Journal Entry 2 by Pikkis at Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on Sunday, July 19, 2020

Released 2 mos ago (7/20/2020 UTC) at Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland

Will be sent forward to pippis who will take care of it until the Fennica takes place.