Esio Trot

Where Has This Book Been?
by Roald Dahl | Children's Books | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 8/1/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, August 01, 2020
This softcover was among the bounty of books I got from BCer tobysrus, who's downsizing and decluttering. Most of the unregistered ones will go direct to release, though I may dip into some.

This one's a cute children's book by the quirky Roald Dahl, featuring an unusual attempt at courtship - an old man goes to scarily ludicrous lengths to persuade the fetching widow in the apartment below him that her pet tortoise is growing larger. I don't know that I'd recommend this kind of sit-com tactic in real life, but in the story it's amusing enough, especially as all the tortoises involved wind up safe and sound (if not always where they started out).

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Roby Park in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (8/5/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library, Roby Park in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library near the playground; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]