Travels in the Scriptorium

by Paul Auster | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingPaulanniwing of Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on 7/8/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingPaulanniwing from Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Wednesday, July 8, 2020
"Following the huge success of The Brooklyn Follies, Paul Auster offers a novel that is a dark puzzle: a game implicating both reader and writer, and an ingenious exploration of language and time.

An old man sits in a room, with a single door and window, a bed, a desk and a chair. Each day he awakes with no memory, unsure of whether or not he is locked in the room. Then a middle-aged woman called Anna enters and talks of pills and treatment, but also of love and promises. Who is this 'Mr Blank', and what is his fate? What does Anna represent from his past - and will he have enough time to ever make sense of the clues that arise?" (from back cover)

Faber and Faber paperback, 2007. 130 pages. (1st printing 2006.)

Journal Entry 2 by wingPaulanniwing at Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Thursday, April 25, 2024
Finally read the book.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPaulanniwing at Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Thursday, April 25, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/25/2024 UTC) at Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland

This was my February offer for greenbadger's One book a month offered RABCK and it starts its journey to Laydee2017. Hope you enjoy reading it, and happy travels, little book!

Journal Entry 4 by Laydee2017 at Ikamatua, West Coast New Zealand on Tuesday, May 21, 2024
Thank you so much for sharing the book with me. I received it today. I look forward to reading this over the coming months. Much appreciated.

Journal Entry 5 by Laydee2017 at Ikamatua, West Coast New Zealand on Monday, May 27, 2024
Interesting and not at all what I expected. The book follows the main character, Mr Blank as he tries to figure out who he is, who the people around him are and what happened during his life.

Journal Entry 6 by Laydee2017 at Greymouth, West Coast New Zealand on Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Released 1 wk ago (5/31/2024 UTC) at Greymouth, West Coast New Zealand

Passing onto another book crosser, annenz

Hello lovely reader,

In your hands is a free gift. You can keep my dream alive by reading and releasing. Although, the choice is yours. You can keep it, read it, pass this book on or wild release.

If you're choosing wild release, think of places where people stop and take a moment. Some examples are, tourists spots, statues, restaurants, cafes, train stations and free libraries. Don't forget you can add a journal entry before releasing.

I hope you enjoy this book.

Journal Entry 7 by wingannenzwing at Greymouth, West Coast New Zealand on Thursday, May 30, 2024
On my tbr shelf.