For You Mom, Finally

by Ruth Reichl | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by wingshawing of San Diego, California USA on 7/1/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingshawing from San Diego, California USA on Wednesday, July 01, 2020
some kind soul left this in my LFL Ken east

Journal Entry 2 by wingshawing at San Diego, California USA on Friday, July 03, 2020
Mom, I am so glad that I didn't have to write a book like this. Love you mom and miss you. BTW, the book was well written and a very good read.

The following is a synopsis from amazon:

A former New York Times restaurant critic, editor in chief of Gourmet, and the author of three bestselling memoirs, Ruth Reichl is a beloved cultural figure in the food world and beyond. For You, Mom. Finally. is her openhearted investigation of the life of a woman she realizes she never really knew-her mother. Through letters and diaries-and a new afterword relating the wisdom she's gained after sharing her story-Reichl confronts the transition her mother made from a hopeful young woman to an increasingly unhappy older one and recognizes the huge sacrifices made to ensure that her daughter's life would not be as disappointing as her own.

Journal Entry 3 by wingshawing at Little Free Library Kensington East in San Diego, California USA on Sunday, July 12, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (7/12/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library Kensington East in San Diego, California USA

3 a wk challenge

Congratulations - You've found a free book !

Enjoy your book!

(If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me, sha, as your referring member - thanks!)