We Have Always Lived in the Castle

by Shirley Jackson | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingPooker3wing of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on 6/29/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingPooker3wing from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Monday, June 29, 2020
One of the first short stories I read and that instilled my love of short stories was Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery". I've always had in the back of my mind the desire to read this, her last and purportedly best novel. I found it last night in Little Free Library Blue. Score!

Journal Entry 2 by wingPooker3wing at Millennium Library in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Monday, September 21, 2020

Released 4 wks ago (9/21/2020 UTC) at Millennium Library in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

I enjoyed this. Not as shocking as "The Lottery" was to my tender mind way back when, but creepily weird nonetheless.

I'll take this to our meet-up tonight. If no takers I'll release it somewhere else on my way home and report back.

To the finder of this book:
I hope you enjoy your new read.

Welcome, also, to the wonderful and wacky world of BookCrossing! Here you'll find a unique and worldwide community of book lovers sharing their books. This book is now yours! Read it, enjoy it. Keep it or pass it on to someone you know, return it to any Little Free Library or even release it into the wild. It is all up to you.

If you make a journal entry (you can do it anonymously or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this book will be notified by e-mail and can follow this book on its travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your email address) and it's a whole lot of fun!

Journal Entry 3 by Matty at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Tuesday, September 22, 2020
I’m excited to read this! I haven’t thought much about Shirley Jackson since high school but I also loved the Lottery so I’m pleased that Pooker3 passed this on to me. Thank you!