The Girl Who Came Back

by Susan Lewis | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by LindyLouMac of Tywyn, Wales United Kingdom on 6/29/2020
Journal Entry 1 by LindyLouMac from Tywyn, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, June 29, 2020
Goodreads Precis:
When Jules Bright hears a knock on the door, the last person she expects to find is a detective bringing her the news she’s feared for the last three years.

Amelia Quentin is being released from prison.

Jules’s life now is very different from the one she knew before Amelia shattered it completely. Knowing the girl is coming back, Jules must decide what to do. Friends and family gather around, fearing for Jules’s safety. They know that justice was never served; each of them wants to make the Quentin girl pay.

The question is: What will Jules do?

And which of them—she or Amelia—has the most to fear?

My Review :
Amelia Quentin, how could such a person exist! Right from the prologue for this heart breaking story we know that Amelia Quentin is probably one of the nastiest types of people in existence.

Years later as a young woman and sociopath she causes the other main female protagonist and her family to suffer a devastating family tragedy, that shatters their lives for ever. Although overall it is a moving scenario, but I was not quite convinced with how it developed, finding the fantasy element quite unnecessary. I wanted Amelia to get her comeuppance and it passed a few hours but I was not really that enthralled, all a little too unnatural.

Prior to this one I have only ever read one other novel by this author and I admit I was expecting more of a psychological thriller.

Released 1 yr ago (2/1/2021 UTC) at Friend in And Eager Reader!, A Potential Bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Dear Finder of this book,

You don't have to join or sign up or anything to bookcrossing to leave a comment here but if you do join, you will receive emails to alert you when others make a journal entry for this book and track its travels across the world. If you decide to join bookcrossing, now that you have discovered the site, I'd be delighted if you would mention me - LindyLouMac - as the person who introduced you to the site.

Happy reading